Ingredients Adapted from Divine Taste
1 Cup whole wheat flour
1 cup dates, chopped (dates take a little time to chop, and I use kitchen knife and cut these on cutting board)
1 Cup walnuts, chopped (I place the walnuts on cutting board, and use rolling pin to chop)
1 stick butter, melted (original recipe has 2 sticks of butter) OR OR 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup oil + 2 Tablespoon Butter
2-3 Tablespoon Milk (helped to make smooth dough)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
( Preheat the oven to 350 F while you prepare the cookie dough)
1. Line the baking tray with parchment paper
2. Sieve the flour, baking powder and baking soda together once.
3. Mix in the chopped dates and walnuts. Stir in the sugar into the melted butter when the butter is hot.
4. After the butter reaches room temperature or cools down, stir in the flour mixture. (Note: I did not heat the oil, used half oil and half butter)
5. Mix the ingredients together until well combined, Add 2 Tablespoon butter to bring the dough together.
6. Make balls with your hands and flatten the balls with your palm.
7. Bake at 350 degree F or 180 C for about 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.